In Fund10, the Cardano community gave consent for the Catalyst Team to begin realizing a technical roadmap that advances the state of the art for the innovation funding platform offered by Project Catalyst.
The goal of Catalyst Systems Improvements: Development offers successful proposals the opportunity to implement and test technical requirements and ultimately integrate with the approved Catalyst Voting System roadmap.
In all cases, collaboration with the Catalyst team is recommended to understand dependencies, before proposals are submitted.
Areas of interest:
- Engineering of decentralization and/or distribution of decision-making advances for the Catalyst Voting System
The following are examples of proposals that will not be eligible:
- Technical components that are already in development from any of the Catalyst Voices and/or Catalyst Ecosystem Accelerator deliverables
- Submissions which do not demonstrate that the testing and validation framework has been achieved.
All project outputs developed or used by the proposer for projects in this category must, as a minimum:
- Proposers must have reviewed the technical proposals for Catalyst Voices and Catalyst Ecosystem Accelerator (Hermes architecture) submitted by the Catalyst team in Fund10 before submitting. This is to ensure compliance with the existing technical roadmap that the Cardano community has already approved. If the proposal is not in compliance with the Catalyst Voices and Hermes architectural designs then it will not be eligible.
- Be fully open source subject to the conditions of the following approved open source licenses (Apache 2.0, MIT License, or equivalent for software code; CC-BY-4.0 Apache 2.0, MIT licenses or equivalent for documentation);
- Be available for use and further development by any person in whatever way they deem fit, without any limitations or encumbrances. If the project output is subject to 3rd party rights, the Proposer must provide a free, perpetual and non-revocable license for the community to use whatever rights belong to such 3rd parties without limitations and for whatever purpose.
- Milestones must clearly include timelines for community review feedback, and standardized testing, and validation as set out in the process stated above.
- Implement a testnet or pre-production candidate to production that has been submitted by the original proposer or the Catalyst Team.
- The process for technical testing and validation is as follows:
- The solution must first be deployed on Catalyst Testnet
- It must demonstrate security and stability to the satisfaction of the Catalyst Team to advance the solution to pre-production
- Unless security and stability flaws are demonstrated during the pre-production environment testing, a production-ready release candidate will be scheduled for the next production deployment window.