Knowledge of Cardano is mainly in English. So it is difficult for the Japanese who want to learn about Cardano, affecting Cardano's ability to reach new users.
Publish the book “Cardano For the M₳sses” in the Japanese version to help the Japanese understand Cardano better and attract more newcomers.
This is the total amount allocated to Cardano For the M₳sses - Japanese Book
We will cooperate with a professional translation correction company in Japan to create a high-quality "Cardano For the M₳sses" Japanese book.
Project will be fully open source.
Reasons for approaching
The reason we want to create a Japanese version of the book “Cardano For the M₳sses”
1. This is a great book, recommended by Charles Hoskinson - the Founder of Cardano.
2. Members of the Cardano Japan community want to read this book in Japanese.
3. Cardano originated in Japan and has had a lot of ADA holders since its infancy.
4. Many Japanese individuals face challenges in understanding Cardano due to the English language barrier.
Japan ranks 80th out of 111 countries in English proficiency (EF EPI score: 475), placing it 14th out of 24 in Asia. This score is comparatively lower than most other countries.
Project end-users aim:
1. Holders of ADA in Japan.
2. Stake Pool Operators (SPOs) who wish to use this book as a gift for ADA holder.
3. Japanese individuals interested in learning about Cardano to guide their investment decisions in ADA and Cardano.
4. Developers from other ecosystems are keen on understanding Cardano.
Project demonstrates outcomes
(See the part [CAPABILITY/ FEASIBILITY] for further data and information)
1. Assist Japanese ADA holders in consolidating their Cardano knowledge, leading to a deeper and more comprehensive understanding
2. Expand the community of ADA holders by emphasizing the benefits of Cardano as detailed in the book.
3. Appeal to new developers and talents from different ecosystems, drawing them to Cardano.
The uniqueness of this solution and why this is important to Cardano
1. Through equipped with a comprehensive understanding of Cardano, ADA holders will gain increased confidence in the project, leading to more active contributions towards the ecosystem's development
2. The ADA-holder community will solidify its base by welcoming new members from various backgrounds.
3. More developers and talents from different ecosystems will be drawn to contribute to Cardano's growth.
4. Enhance Cardano's brand visibility and awareness in Japan.
While this project is non-technical in nature, it serves as a strategic initiative to boost Cardano's visibility, attract new ADA holders, and secure fresh talent for Cardano. Consequently, it will significantly contribute to the growth and development of the Cardano and Catalyst communities.
The value our proposal brings to the Cardano ecosystem
1. Enhance the understanding and knowledge of Cardano, thereby stimulating the demand for ADA holdings and transactions on Cardano.
2. Expand the community with new ADA holders and Stake Pool Operators (SPOs).
3. Attract new developers and talents from various fields to bolster the Cardano ecosystem.
The reason we submitted proposals in the Challenge Catalyst Open
1. We were unable to find out a Challenge that aligned with our objective of attracting ADA holders and human resources from diverse fields.
2. Our project operates on a modest budget, falling under 75,000 ADA.
3. The maximum duration for project execution is set at six months.
Quantitative/qualitative indicators to measure project success
Plan to disseminate project outputs
We will share our progress monthly via official Catalyst channels.
The community can follow our journey through these monthly reports made public on Catalyst's communication platforms.
In addition, Catalyst and the community can monitor sales progress through the provided link to Amazon.
How to share output/results when project completion
Once the project has completed the KPI,
We will share the output with Catalyst and the community by:
1. Submit the Project Close Out report to Catalyst
2. Present my project in the Town Hall Meeting (Japanese Room & English Room)
3. Announcement on our community channels.
Directions for using the results obtained from the project for further research and development activities
Drawing on the outcomes of the project, we will strategize as follows:
1. Using community feedback on the book's content and presentation, we will devise an enhancement plan to ensure more effective conveyance of information.
2. Based on community feedback on the quality of the translation, we will collaborate with the editing company to improve quality in subsequent editions.
3. Relying on the sales history of the Kindle Book edition, we will analyze and decide on the feasibility of publishing a paperback edition.
Ability and experience suitable to implement the project
Our team, with its expertise in translating blockchain and Cardano-related documents, and pool operation, is ready to take on this project.
We will collaborate with active community members and a professional translation-editing company to deliver a high-quality Japanese edition.
Financial management process
We will document actual expenses in a spreadsheet, and attach related invoices.
Whenever Catalyst or the community requires verification, we'll readily provide this detailed actual expense breakdown.
The main goal of the project
1. Successfully finalize the Japanese version of the "Cardano For the M₳sses" book
2. Launch the translated book on Kindle.
3. Achieve sales of more than 50 books.
4. Gather feedback from over 30 individuals.
How to verify the goal has been achieved
1. We provide documents related to the correction and confirmation of translation completion from the translation company.
2. The community can check the publication time and the number of books sold through Amazon:
3. The community can check the survey results through Google Forms.
Regarding the product plan (the book Cardano For the Messes - Japanese version), there are important milestones:
The 1st milestone
-Translate Chapter 1 - Chapter 4
-Edit Chapter 1 - Chapter 3
-Complete translation of Chapter 1 - Chapter 4.
-Complete edition of Chapter 1 - Chapter 3.
The 2nd milestone
-Translate Chapter 5 - Chapter 8
-Edit Chapter 4 - Chapter 7
-Complete translation of Chapter 5 - Chapter 8.
-Complete edition of Chapter 4 - Chapter 7.
The 3rd milestone
-Translate Chapter 9 - Chapter 10
-Edit Chapter 8 - Chapter 9
-Prepare to publish the Kindle book (create an account, prepare data, book cover design...)
-Introduce to the Japanese Community
-Impleme a promotion program for ADA holders and SPOs
-Complete translation of Chapter 9 - Chapter 10.
-Complete edition of Chapter 8 - Chapter 9.
-Complete create an account for publishing the Kindle book
The 4th milestone (Close out project)
-Edit Chapter 10
-Book cover design
-Publish the Kindle book
-Impleme a promotion program for ADA holders and SPOs (*continuos)
-Make an improvement plan
-Close out report
-Complete edition of Chapter 10
-Complete Book cover design
-Complete publishing of the Kindle book
-Complete an improvement plan
The detailed steps and timeline are shown in the table below.
We will call for community support if necessary. Currently, to prevent the risk of untimely translation, we have begun preliminary translating the book's content.
The 1st milestone
The 2nd milestone:
The 3rd milestone
The 4th milestone
Work results / desired results achieved
How to track project progress and measure progress
1. We'll deliver monthly progress reports. Upon completion of each milestone, our Project Manager will compile and submit Proof of Achievement (POA) and Statement of Milestones (SOM) to Catalyst.
2. The community can directly verify the number of books sold on Amazon.
3. The number of new ADA holders can be confirmed via the number of registered wallets, supplemented by screenshots that serve as proof of ADA holdings.
Total budget proposed in this proposal: 74720 ADA
Regarding the cost of translation and correction, we've referenced the listed rates from a professional translation and correction company in Japan, ensuring our pricing aligns with market norms.
Our team will collaborate with the translation and editing company to complete this project. Below are the details of the core team members who will be accountable for overseeing and managing project progress and budget.
1. Ha Nguyen - Project Manager
*"Vietnam ADA Cardano Community": >5000 members
*"Cardano ADA Vietnam": >47,000 members
2. Mr. Yuta-Translation Correction Team Manager
3. Mr. Iga - Translation Team Manager