How do we equip and support developers with tools and working infrastructure? How do we make Cardano their first choice when it comes to building dApps, innovating and collaborating?
This challenge setting aims to incentivise large ambitious open source projects as the next phase as "The Evolution of Developer Ecosystem”
• What are the tools that we need to prioritize first and how do we incentivise projects to be
• How do we attract developers from outside of our current community to participate in Catalyst?
• What do developers want, and how do they get it from the Cardano dev ecosystem?
• What would make it a developer motivated to grind through the docs
and code no matter how hard it is to create a dApp?
• What are enterprise dev managers looking for in order to be able to build out enterprise projects -
either internal or commercial?
• Developer productivity: IDE's, scripts to automate processes.
• Knowledge base & Documentation
• Deployment, testing, and monitoring frameworks
• Samples, recipes and templates
• DeFi and tokenization
• API's, and Oracles.
• Support structures
• Incentivization structures
• Collaborative structures
Metrics to consider for positive open source impact are:
• Open source project proposals in Project catalyst
• Number of github forks, clones, and traffic for an open source repository
• Community involvement (discord, telegram, cardano stack exchange, youtube, twitter, etc.)
• This challenge is a continuation of F8 and F9: Developer Ecosystem ($1,000,000)
• We are advocates of open source and encourages proposers from all groups namely
a) those who are planning to do open source projects from day one
b) those slowly move towards open source
c) those who are not yet ready for open source or might not be suitable for open source to submit the proposals to our challenges.
• Please join our “Developer Ecosystem” telegram community group here https://t.me/DeveloperEcosystem
Why is it important?
Beyond tools and infrastructure, we need to nurture a growing developer community with incentives for ambitious infrastructure projects.
How does success looks like?
Accelerated dApp development and aligned strategic goal of Cardano which is increasing the number of open source projects on Cardano.
Key Metrics to measure
At the end of this challenge, we will be asking ourselves: Did we manage to make it easier for developers to build on top of Cardano?
• Number of API or Developer tools which lower entry barrier for developers in Cardano
• Number of developers actively building on top of Cardano
• Number of repos on Github using the tooling. (Month over month increase)
• A strong community of developers and proposers with thriving project collaboration.
• Increasing number of open source projects