How do you achieve "(1) diverse and many dRep participation + (2) easy and proper voter delegation?"
The dRep could not be more important to Cardano given the following
(1) The participation rate of Catalyst voting is less than 20%.
(2) Statistics show that 30% of Catalyst voters randomly vote without reading the proposals.
(3) It is difficult for Catalyst users who are not necessarily skilled in technology and English to judge nearly 1,000 proposals.
(4) Potential relevance to Decentralized Consortium Funding and roadmap approval voting through 2025.
To do this, we need to succeed in what is described in the "Key Metrics to measure."
As a result, we aim for the future described in "What does success look like?"
What tools, events, support, and content would fully achieve the KPIs? Let's think about it!
※Why 100,000 usd ? - In FUND9, the budget for this category was set at 150,000USD, but as of June 21, the number of proposals is relatively lower than the other categories. Therefore, we felt it necessary to reduce the budget to 50,000USD or 100,000USD. On the other hand, we thought that 100,000USD would be a good balance, as we believe that the full-scale launch of dRep will have the effect of increasing the number of proposals.
※Caution - The dRep category is a place for fundraising and not for political activities (propaganda). As soon as we find a proposal that is not in line with our purpose, we will report it.
Why is it important?
Without (1) diverse and many dRep participation ⇨ centralized.
Without (2) easy and proper voter delegation ⇨ dysfunctional.
How does success looks like?
After one year,
(1) 200+ deReps from 100+ countries have participated.
(2) 50%+ of the voters are voting “carefully”
Key Metrics to measure
・(Diversity of dReps) Did it lead to the onboarding of diverse dReps with different languages, national origins, occupations, genders, ages, religions, etc.?
・(Number of dReps) How many dReps were onboarded?
・(Number of delegates) How much did it contribute to increasing the number of delegates to dReps?
・(Accuracy of delegate decisions) How well did we create content and tools to make it easier to consider dReps?
・(Accuracy of dReps decisions) How well did we create content and tools to make it easier to consider proposals?