The proposal ecosystem is vast and no one strategy fits all, especially for evolving tech like Cardano
Research, analysis, and evaluation of the Catalyst ecosystem, develop bespoke, custom dedicated strategies ready for implementation
This is the total amount allocated to Strategy Framework - AIM
More about the problem:
Here are a few key statements from the challenge:
"How can Catalyst harness professional firepower to bootstrap an accelerator environment that amplifies and commercializes funded projects?"
"Catalyst wants organizations and groups who have a track record of business incubation and acceleration to apply.
How does success look like? Programs that share in the spirit of co-creation, willing to collaborate with us at Catalyst, Cardano stakeholders, and the Catalyst cohorts.
However, funded proposals in Project Catalyst are very diversified in their purpose, stage, region, industry, and scale opportunities. Further categorization and filtering are therefore needed in order to approach and match with various accelerator programs and achieve the KPIs of the challenge.
The solution takes into consideration how we can make it easier for funded proposals to partner with accelerator and mentor networks. Like many things, the right data & information could support the process.
For example, recently we had this experience onboarding an accelerator and a mentor network to Catalyst called Seedstars, which already made multiple proposals for Fund 7 including an acceleration proposal for this challenge (https://cardano.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Accelerator-in-Emerging-Markets/383963-48088). If we already had a targeted list of companies to accelerate, it would have been more efficient in the onboarding process and creating the right collaborations.
The solution includes 3 key areas:
- Add information for all the funded proposals based on key metrics as mentioned above (region, sector, stage)
- Analyze the information and look to group-funded proposals based on key match points. For example, we can group together NFT related projects or West Africa-related projects.
- Suggest an acceleration strategy for each segment
Roadmap of success:
- 0-6 weeks: collect information about funded proposals - through a survey and proposal teamwork - currently there are 300 funded proposals and by the end of fund 7, probably over 500.
- 6-8 weeks: analysis of information and modeling various groups of potential interest for accelerations
- 8-12 weeks:
1. Strategy recommendation - based on the analysis, we will design strategy for internal tools (funded proposals which support acceleration - such as the mentor marketplace https://cardano.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Proposals-Mentors-Marketplace-Cont/382926-48088)) as well as external accelerators
2. Database implementation with UI/UX
6 months: Strategy Frameworks being used to successfully help and facilitating the match up of 10 funded proposers with accelerators external to Catalyst
12 months: Strategy Frameworks being used to successfully help and facilitating the match up of 25 funded proposers with accelerators external to Catalyst
Deliverables and KPIs 3 months:
- Database with all funded proposals (approximately 500 proposals), tagged and filter options
- Strategy documents
- Presentation of results and strategy at community events (ie. Town Hall, Swarm…)
- Funded proposal form - we will design a form that we will recommend to the Catalyst team be sent to funded proposals after each fund and that will continue and populate/update the database
The impact will be ongoing as it will be a supporting tool for decision-making and partnerships. We might need in the future to improve & maintain the database as well as promote it regularly to funded proposals, mainly through the multiple communities and community channels.
The proposal team has already experienced working together from Fund 6.
- Razali is an Educator, Editor, Digital Economy, Blockchain & Sustainability Researcher, Social Entrepreneur, Catalyst Proposal Mentor, Wada UN SDG and Education Coordinator, Co-Founder of Sustainable ADA & Catalyst School Core Member https://www.linkedin.com/in/razali-samsudin/
- Yoram Ben-Zvi is a social entrepreneur. In recent years, Yoram is focused on combining impact and business. Yoram is an active catalyst member, CA, and part of the Cardano4Climate community. https://www.linkedin.com/in/yoram-ben-zvi-446836/
- Cole is UNITE 2030 Youth Delegate, a recent graduate in Economics & Sustainability, Founder of Sustainable ADA, Blockchain & Sustainability Researcher, & Social Entrepreneur, Ecoquest Education Foundation - Sustainability Research, B Impact Clinic part of UNH's Changemaker Collaborative - Kikori, Sustainability Splash Program Organizer, Bronze UNH Sustainability Award Winner https://www.linkedin.com/in/cole-bartlett/
This proposal is part of the Cardano AIM (Assembly Inspiring Masses) umbrella, which brings together active Catalyst Community members to design and build tools that support the community. Some examples: include the popular voter-tool (https://cardanocataly.st/voter-tool/#/), the Community Advisor Tools (CA and vCA-tools) (https://cardanocataly.st/ca-tool/#/ & https://cardanocataly.st/vca-tool/#/)))) as well as the Community Landing Page (https://cardanocataly.st/). AIM continues to focus on developing the best services and tools for the benefit of the Cardano community.
Collection of data = $2500
Analysis of data = $1500
Database & UI/UX = $1500
Strategy research and report/ external and internal opportunities = $1500
Database management $500/month for 6 month: $3000
Total budget = $10,000
The requested budget is about 2% of the total challenge and it will support the overall activities of funded proposals in this challenge and help them be more effective.
Here are our two affiliated funded proposals for Fund 6:
Research in Applying Frameworks-AIM https://cardano.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Research-in-Applying-Frameworks-AIM/369294-48088
Add SDG ratings to proposals - AIM
The analysis of the proposals shows a vast relationship to SDGs. 27% of Fund 6 funded proposals are directly related to SDGs and 69% are indirect. The reason is that Blockchain technology in general and the objective of Cardano, in particular, is making the world more transparent, traceable, and accessible which all support SDGs objectives.
The information was already useful to share with external and internal sources
- The results were already presented at the Catalyst Sustainability Goals meetup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAPUIlLFYio hosted by Cardano4Climate
- Results communicated to IOG impact team
- Discussion for collaboration with https://positiveblockchain.io/
- In talks with Frontiers Journal (Blockchain for Sustainable Development Goals Journal)
- Seedstars.com have 7 proposals for fund 7
We will be developing the database and UI so relevant stakeholders can filter the information as a support tool for media, decision-making, and collaborations.
The information from these proposals will be added to the database as well.
SDG goals alignment (based on AIM Proposer SDG tool - https://cardanocataly.st/proposer-tool-sdg):**:)
Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
17.16 Enhance the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in all countries, in particular developing countries
17.6 Enhance North-South, South-South and triangular regional and international cooperation on and access to science, technology and innovation and enhance knowledge-sharing on mutually agreed terms, including through improved coordination among existing mechanisms, in particular at the United Nations level, and through a global technology facilitation mechanism
17.9 Enhance international support for implementing effective and targeted capacity-building in developing countries to support national plans to implement all the Sustainable Development Goals, including through North-South, South-South and triangular cooperation
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
17.16.1 Number of countries reporting progress in multi-stakeholder development effectiveness monitoring frameworks that support the achievement of the sustainable development goals
Entrepreneurs, mentors, CA, proposers, active community members of Cardano AIM, Cardano4Climate, Wada, Sustainable ADA