A key challenge to track project progress + effectiveness are clear impact measurements, especially for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Researching the basis of an Impact Measurements Tool to help define KPIs, measure and report them, with a focus on SDGs impact.
This is the total amount allocated to Impact Measurements Tool - research
Why UN SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) measurements are key for Cardano
About the SDGs - https://sdgs.un.org/goals
SDGs and Catalyst/Cardano
As part of Fund 6 proposals funded proposals (add SDGs to proposal http://app.ideascale.com/t/UM5UZBmwt and Research in Applying Frameworks-AIM https://cardano.ideascale.com/a/dtd/369294-48088),,) we researched and evaluated how many proposals of the Fund 6 funded proposals are related to SDGs. The results are amazing:
27% of the funded proposals in fund 6 are directly related to SDGs and 69% are indirectly related but could have an impact.
The results are no surprise. Blockchain technology in general and Cardano, in particular, are enabling new social and economical models which are reducing gaps and bringing opportunities for a better world.
Decentralization, transparency, and traceability are embedded in the technology and are all part of a SDGs mindset.
This is the heart of the catalyst community as well as the Cardano foundation. As the mission goes: Let's make a better world for all. In addition, the focus of Cardano on developing countries directly has an impact on SDGs objectives.
If we can show the actual impact of funded projects with clear KPIs, it will continue to position Cardano as the blockchain of sustainability and attract more collaborations with UN organizations and states as well as a growing number of companies and people concerned about impact and sustainability. It will show the community, and the world the impact of the funds provided.
While there is a full synergy between Catalyst and SDGs most proposals do not include any impact KPIs and auditability measurement. By adding them to funded proposals, we will be able to measure the real ROI (return on intention) as well as demonstrate the actual impact of Catalyst on people's lives and nature.
SDGs - KPIs & measurements framework
The proposal seeks to research and design a framework that helps to integrate the KPIs already in the proposal process and measure them through the lifecycle of the project.
The full vision of the tool will be to provide the following 3 services:
1. SDG proposal tool to match proposals with SDGs - check out the first version of the tool https://cardanocataly.st/proposer-tool-sdg/#/
2. KPIs tool to be able to define specific KPIs based on the project and relevant SDGs
3. Reporting tool to follow up on the KPIs progress
The focus of this proposal is to perform the research and evaluation and to prepare a spec for the development of the KPI tool and reporting mechanism and offer it as a proposal for Fund 8.
* Research and develop KPIs framework. The research will analyze and evaluate 5 Impact KPIs systems and impact reporting mechanisms. Week 0-6
* Test the various systems with 10 proposals for Fund 8, and 10 proposals funded in Fund 5 (to follow progress). week 6-10
* Analysis and report of the results. Week 10-12
Deliverables & KPIs
- A whitepaper and a PowerPoint presenting the results
- Guidelines and plan for the development of the KPIs and reporting tools into the proposal and reporting processes
- Conduct a test of 20 proposals
- complete research and test on 20 proposals
- complete evaluation for the development phase
- product development KPIs and reporting tools and SDG tool improvement
- 100 proposals
- Tool widely used in proposal process in 25% of proposals
- Tool widely used by funded proposal in 10% of proposals
Raz and Yoram are part of Cardano AIM and active community members, CAs & successfully funded proposers, and participating in several initiatives and communities such as Cardano4Climate, Sustainable ADA and Wada.
Razali is an interdisciplinary Educator, Editor, Digital Economy, Blockchain & Sustainability Researcher, Social Entrepreneur, CA, Wada UN SDG and Education Coordinator, Co-Founder of Sustainable ADA & Catalyst School Core Member, active with Cardano AIM and Cardano4Climate - https://www.linkedin.com/in/razali-samsudin/
Yoram Ben-Zvi is a social entrepreneur. In recent years, Yoram is focused on combining impact and business. Yoram is an active catalyst member, CA, and part of the Cardano4Climate community. https://www.linkedin.com/in/yoram-ben-zvi-446836/
This project is carried out by members of Cardano AIM
Cardano AIM (Assembly Inspiring Masses) brings together active Catalyst Community members and currently designs and builds tools that support the community.
Some examples include:
* the popular voter-tool (https://cardanocataly.st/voter-tool/#/)
* the Community Advisor Tools (CA and vCA-tools) (https://cardanocataly.st/ca-tool/#/ & https://cardanocataly.st/vca-tool/#/))))))))
* the community landing page (https://cardanocataly.st/)
* the recent Fund 6 funded proposal Proposer Tool - https://cardanocataly.st/proposer-tool-sdg/#/
AIM continues to focus on developing the best services and tools, by the community, for the benefit of the community.
Total hours = 150 x $40/hour = Requested budget $6000
SDG goals alignment (based on AIM Proposer SDG tool - https://cardanocataly.st/proposer-tool-sdg):**:)
Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
17.16 Enhance the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in all countries, in particular developing countries
17.6 Enhance North-South, South-South and triangular regional and international cooperation on and access to science, technology and innovation and enhance knowledge-sharing on mutually agreed terms, including through improved coordination among existing mechanisms, in particular at the United Nations level, and through a global technology facilitation mechanism
17.9 Enhance international support for implementing effective and targeted capacity-building in developing countries to support national plans to implement all the Sustainable Development Goals, including through North-South, South-South and triangular cooperation
Key Performance Indicator (KPI):
17.16.1 Number of countries reporting progress in multi-stakeholder development effectiveness monitoring frameworks that support the achievement of the sustainable development goals
Cardano AIM active Catalyst members, Cardano4Climate, Sustainable ADA, Fund 6 funded SDG proposals