Connecting SDGs + Catalyst Proposals require analyses + evaluation.We ask for support to continue work in Fund 7 as we have done for Fund 6.
Analyse Fund 7 funded proposals for SDGs connections. Present data + info in an open access database. Share with media + potential partners.
This is the total amount allocated to Fund7Proposals + SDGs - Cardano AIM
Why UN SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) measurements are key for Cardano
About the SDGs - https://sdgs.un.org/goals
Fund 6 proposals objectives and achievements
Here are our two funded proposals for Fund 6:
*Research in Applying Frameworks-AIM
*Add SDG ratings to proposals - AIM
Here is a link for an excel that shows the proposed tasks and achievements for the proposals:
We would like to highlight our achievements:
* The analysis of the proposals shows a vast relationship to SDGs. 27% of the proposals are directly related to SDGs and 69% are indirectly. The reason is that Blockchain technology in general and the objective of Cardano in particular is making the world more transparent, traceable, and accessible which all support SDGs objectives.
* We have developed an SDG tool to help proposers integrate SDGs into proposals https://cardanocataly.st/proposer-tool-sdg/#/
* The information was already useful to share with external and internal sources
* The results were already presented at the Catalyst Sustainability Goals meetup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAPUIlLFYio hosted by Cardano4Climate
* Results communicated to IOG impact team
* In talks to formalise partnership and collaboration with https://positiveblockchain.io/
* In talks with Frontiers Journal - https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/18154/blockchain-for-united-nations-sustainable-development-goals-sdgs (Blockchain for Sustainable Development Goals Journal, for a mid-January Submission)
* As a result of our work, Seedstars.com have 7 proposals for fund 7
* Participated in Building Bridges conference and sharing the info with relevant partners to initiate discussions https://www.buildingbridges.org/2021-edition/building-bridges-week/
While we continue our work based on Fund 6 objectives, we ask the community to continue supporting our work also for Fund 7 to provide the data and analysis that helps measure and track how Project Catalyst is financing solutions that solve wicked problems, using a global framework and common language as used by Governments, the United Nations and Multilateral Organisations.
In response to the Challenge Guiding questions:
We include a quote from SDG 17 Partnerships for the Goals:
"17.18 By 2020, enhance capacity-building support to developing countries, including for least developed countries and small island developing States, to increase significantly the availability of high-quality, timely and reliable data disaggregated by income, gender, age, race, ethnicity, migratory status, disability, geographic location and other characteristics relevant in national contexts"
Essentially, open source data is KEY to achieving all sustainable development goals: https://blogs.worldbank.org/digital-development/sustainable-development-goals-and-open-data
"We must undertake a concerted global effort to encourage and invest in the creation of digital public goods: open source software, open data, open AI models, open standards and open content." (United Nations, 2020)
"Even when the relevant digital public good or open source solution is found, support and additional investment are still required to scale them up and successfully implement them" (2020, p. 9). Hence here we are, in this decentralized innovation fund experiment that is Project Catalyst! *- https://www.un.org/en/content/digital-cooperation-roadmap/*
Our research proposal seeks to analyse Fund 7 funded proposals and present our analyses in an accessible database format.
It will be open access, providing stakeholders with insights into how Project Catalyst is financing projects, the type of projects, and their impact according to SDGs.
This open access data and information can help inform decision making within the Cardano ecosystem, and across the different open source communities and sectors to facilitate multi stakeholder decision making, problem sensing and solving using the UN Sustainable Development Goals as a common framework.
Fund 7 Proposal Roadmap and deliverables:
January 2022 - February 2022:
January-February: Go through all Fund 7 funded proposals, probably over 250, in addition to a voluntarily completed survey by proposers. Determine and assess the current state of Catalyst proposals using the sustainable theoretical framework lens. Analyse the results and compare to fund 6 results.
Collate results into a publicly accessible database and prepare a written paper and PowerPoint to share the findings internally in the Cardano ecosystem, as well as with related journals, media, and potential partners (coordinated with Cardano foundation & IOG)
Continue improving the open access database and SDG proposer tool and promote it to Fund 9 proposals - our goal is by Fund 9 to link the SDG tool with the Idea Scale proposer process to increase the automation for future funds.
Affiliated proposal from Fund 6:
Title: Proposal Framework Tool
Research carried out as a result of this proposal also will feed into the development and expansion of the MVP Framework Tool.
Deliverables & KPI:
* A paper and PowerPoint to be shared internally in the Cardano ecosystem, to journals, and partners, and posted on social networks
* A database including Funds 6 and 7 for Funded Proposals and their relevance for SDGs
* Our goal is to be included in the Proposal process by Fund 9. The results will continue to show the importance of the SDGs to Project Catalyst and we will ask support from the Catalyst team to have integration into the proposal process as a minimum by adding the link or by requesting proposers to mark that they used the SDG Proposer tool.
* Our goal is for funded proposals to be connected to the relevant SDGs where applicable, and included in an open access database for public benefit, for use by researchers, private and public entities.
Cardano AIM (Assembly Inspiring Masses), an active Catalyst Community member and currently designs and builds tools that support the community. These include the popular voter-tool (https://cardanocataly.st/voter-tool/#/), the Community Advisor Tools (CA and vCA-tools) (https://cardanocataly.st/ca-tool/#/ & https://cardanocataly.st/vca-tool/#/)))))))))))))))) as well as the community landing page (https://cardanocataly.st/)
Razali is an interdisciplinary Educator, Editor, Digital Economy, Blockchain & Sustainability Researcher, Social Entrepreneur, CA, Wada UN SDG and Education Coordinator, Co-Founder of Sustainable ADA & Catalyst School Core Member, active with Cardano AIM and Cardano4Climate - https://www.linkedin.com/in/razali-samsudin/
Yoram Ben-Zvi is a social entrepreneur. In recent years, Yoram is focused on combining impact and business. Yoram is an active catalyst member, CA, and part of the Cardano4Climate community.
Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
4.7 By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture's contribution to sustainable development
Fund 6 funded proposers, Cardano AIM team (voter-tool, CA-tool, vCA-Tool, Proposer Tool), Educators, Researchers, network to relevant orgs