Dear visitor, please feel welcome to comment, suggest or ask anything related to this proposal; we will be happy to provide an answer and discuss further. You can also check this proposal's comment section for updates.
[ Summary ]
- Solution: We are making this proposal to introduce CARDANO and DESO ecosystems how a step-by-step cross-chain integration would generate positive impact in both networks; and present ourselves, together with the networks we have activated at both ecosystems, as suitable to lead the efforts towards a collaborative-vision into the CARDANO era of Voltaire, and the DAO-DAO era of DESO.
- Based on Use-Case Experience: We base this integration first steps in our use-case as an F6-funded project, which aims to build its end-solution on Cardano, but that will launch its Beta-version on DESO Blockchain, where we will be able to test fast, cheaper and massively, with a broad community of 120.000 DESO users, developers, initiatives and projects; together with the Cardano Catalyst ecosystem.
- Use-Case: Our F6-funded project is Cooperativa Local (which we will explain beneath, at the "Previously-Funded Project" section of this proposal): a social web-app that integrates Blockchain tools such as NFTs, DAO and Social Tokens on a geographically-centered experience where users, initiatives and contents from different localities can be created, explored, promoted and financed, both digitally (through user’s mobile devices) and physically (through Digital Displays installed at Cultural Centers, Universities, Metro Stations and Public Venues, in collaboration with local authorities and communities). Start-up Chile -a world's top-10 accelerator program- has backed us until we consolidate market-fit at Latinamerica: https://startupchile.org/en/
[ CARDANO Blockchain: Problems Restraining its Full Potential ]
- We estimate that almost 20% of all Cardano Catalyst Ecosystem proposers and funded-projects has declared that they aim to build, integrate or use the one of the following smart-contract tools: NFTs, DAO, Tokenomics. Another 20% can be related with non-technical initiatives, such as Community Onboarding, Education Resources, Social Interaction, Meetings, Developer meet-ups; etc.
- Our $14.000 F6-Funded project; related with both clusters of ‘Cardaners’ and as we got deeper into researching and planing our solution’s design, development, launching, alfa-beta-testing and refining process; we found ourselves -as many other teams- with high developing costs and uncertain capability to test enough our iterations to build end-products with market-fit.
[ DESO Blockchain : Unlocking Potentials by Decentralizing Social 3.0 ]
- DESO Blockchain, short for "Decentralized Social," claims to be "the first and only blockchain custom-built from the ground up to power and scale a new category of decentralized social applications to one billion users. You can check it website (https://www.deso.org/) and white-paper (https://docs.deso.org/about-deso-chain/readme)".
- It provides an open-source 3.0 web-app template (Node) which integrates a friendly social User Interface, with customizable Blockchain tools; such as the ability to commercialize artworks and contents as NFTs; launch Creator Coins to raise capital and invest on each other; Royalties gains related to both NFTs and Creator Coins owned; micro-monetization Tipping; and diverse DAO Coins capabilities. You can check an operating template at https://diamondapp.com/, the customizable DAO at https://www.daodao.io/ and a whole list of over 150 social-media based-projects built on DESO, here: https://bithunt.com/explore
- The social-features of DESO’s web-app template (Node), are similar to the interface and features we all use know from traditional social media, such as: posting contents; commenting; liking; re-posting; embedding links; having a personal profile, following other users; a personal feed; a global feed; and filtering alternatives related to type of content, contingency, popularity and date.
- On-chain fees of DESO-uses are almost zero.
[ Solution: CARDANO-DESO Progressive Cross-Chain Integration ]
- DESO-ADA Node Launch: By integrating Cardano’s ADA operability into DESO social web-app template (Node with customizable tools such as DAO Coins, Creator Coins and NFTs), we estimate that at least one quarter of Cardano Catalyst Proposals into the Era of Voltaire (https://roadmap.cardano.org/en) will be able to build and test their solutions in a fast and cheap manner, aiming possible networks effects that could scale them at two ecosystems.
- First Use-Case and Refining: As explained beneath (on the Timeline section) this Integration has already started its research phase and inter-ecosystem collaboration, guided by the development of our F6-funded project: Cooperativa Local, which on September 2022 will run ADA-capabilities into it's Beta Social Smart-City initiative, which is backed by chilean government.
- Catalyst Use-Case and Open Source Disclose: the refining phase based on our use-case, will let us publish the resulting open-source code to integrate ADA-uses into DESO templates, in a standard manner by October 2022. This launch will be accompanied by the launch of the DAO-governed Catalyst Community Platform on DESO, with ADA-integration. The first challenges will be community-led Tools building and DESO integration into CARDANO.
- Open-Source Set of Tools: By November 2022, open-source repositories will be packed into easy-to-use tools, that low-technical projects will be able to implement. This initiative will be community-led.
- DESO integration into CARDANO: By December 2022, DESO 3.0 Social-tools could be integrated to CARDANO dApps.
- We are currently leading the research process to integrate CARDANO and DESO Blockchains, in both technical and non-technical, eco-systemic manners. We aim to generate two use cases, one dependent to the ecosystem networks' governance we are already creating, and another independent (our F6 Project).
- We already created a representative account to this Cross-Chain on DESO: https://diamondapp.com/u/crosschain
- We already partnered with PhD. Andrzej Tuchołka (https://certo.co/) who is a community-elected representative from DESO and founder of the two largest DESO Developer Communities. Moreover, he has funded two other initiatives on DESO: metaverse and AI. We already work together with a DESO Developer, Rafael Stockler; who participates on two other DESO initiatives (gaming and promoter-bot): https://diamondapp.com/u/stockler
- We’re looking for a CARDANO-Developer Community Leader to lead the cross-chain collaboration with Andrzej and Rafael, and jointly introduce it to the two DESO-Developer Communities we’re part of: DesoLabs (https://diamondapp.com/u/DeSoLabs) and Love4Src (https://diamondapp.com/u/love4src); and the same for the CARDANO Dev. Communities our new team member considers more appropriate. This cross-chain team will share eachother the respective repositories.
- If the F8 fund is granted to us, this cross-chain initiative will be made public by. and the set of tools and templates we built will become available to both dev. communities, on a standard and clear manner.
- We don’t only aim to consider dev. related activity on this cross-chain initiative, but also entrepreneurial and collaborative. For example, by presenting to DESO Community the general dynamics of Catalyst Ecosystem, such as challenge set-up and the role of CAs, VCAs and Voting.
- In general, we want to approach this integration in an academical manner, able to measure the activity related with the initiative; in order to help other cross-chain initiatives a methodological path into community-led cross-chain development.
- Under the circumstance we don't receive F8 funding, it's possible that the initiative isn't able to disclose the open-source on the estimated date and thus: the community-led development of the tool will delay, together with the Catalyst use-case on DESO-CARDANO.
- Our use-case (Cooperativa Local) should't delay the open-source code of this integration; thus we will evaluate dates again when Fund8 results are published. If delays are expected, we will accelerate the Catalyst use-case and left Cooperativa Local behind.
- The repository integration may be more complex than expected, resulting in the need for more resources and time. In that case, community-led bounties will be executed in the networks we are already activating on both ecosystems.
- A risk of this initiative is that its impact is interpreted as how much it enhances the scaling of consolidated dApps, and not how many early-stage proposals are able to test it's proof-of-concept and further develop successful products.
- Game-changing ADA-Social apps could compete with this cross-chain.
- Cross-chain Social UI at DESO-CARDANO Node, may need to be more friendly in order to unlock it's full potential.
March - April - May 2022:
Until Fund8 results aren't published, our main focus will be to do the Market Launch of our F6 Proposal (March) and test it massively at Chile with over 1.000 users (April-July), refining its market-fit as representative to Latinamerica and other emerging countries. We will maintain our path towards delivering CARDANO-DESO compatibility even if we aren't funded by F8. Thus, together with our DESO team, on the following two months we will continue working on the technical design of the cross-chain, and present it to the Dev. Communities we have high-profile access, on both CARDANO and DESO. This growing cross-chain team will lead the following milestones related to design, refine and deliver cross-chain source and code. Cooperativa Local team will focus on ecosystem activations; in the same path that it's own use-case; which approaches sucess.
- Deliver white-paper of cross-chain proposal
- Onboard a Cardano Developer, which is experienced on Dev. Community Leading
- Onboard representative of Catalyst Community, to design Catalyst cross-chain use-case
- Evaluate F8 Results and Confirm schedule of Cooperativa Local use-case
- Internal refining of cross-chain white paper
- Present document to two high-profile Dev. Communities, in both DESO and Cardano
- External refining of cross-chain white paper through public discuss and insight-sharing
- Start Design of cross-chain Catalyst Use-Case; discuss it with leaders from other cross-chain initiatives funded by Catalyst
- Kick-off cross-chain developing; estimate deliver date
- Audit cross-chain integration into Cooperativa Local DESO Node
- Confirm Catalyst Partnership details to deliver cross-chain use-case;
- Evaluate further funding for Catalyst use-case
- Deliver cross-chain integration and announce date for Cooperativa Local use-case Launch
- Deliver open-source cross-chain white-paper
- Announce Public Event to Disclose Open-source and Launch Cooperativa Local cross-chain use-case
- Start developing DAO-governed Catalyst Community Platform on DESO (use case)
- Public Event to Launch Cooperativa Local cross-chain Node and disclose open-source documentary; announce open-source announce Catalyst use-case
- Refine and confirm cross-chain Catalyst use-case
- Deliver DAO-governed Catalyst Community Platform on DESO (use case)
- Propose to Fund 10.
- Deliver DAO-governed Catalyst Community Platform on DESO (use case) to support Fund10.
- Launch crowd-funding initiative.
- Fund10 Results. Given the work mentioned above, this funding round could have good possibilities of receiving funding of $20.000;
- Announce cross-chain Dev. Community challenges: paid by crow-funding and Fund10.
- Build tools to pack Open-Source published into template-tools, and ease their use.
- Integrate DESO Decentralized 3.0 Social into CARDANO dApps,.
- Deliver first set of cross-chain template-tools
- Publicly Launch first-set of cross-chain template tools
- Deliver first integration of DESO Blockchain into CARDANO
- Publicly Launch first-set of DESO Tools built for CARDANO
- Cross-chain enhanced Template to ease testing and validation of proposals from both ecosystems is achieved.
- Funding Round from Core Teams of CARDANO and DESO.
June - September:
- CARDANO Developer x 4 months = $8.000
- DESO Developer x 4 months = $8.000
- Audit and Refine Cross-Chain's First Delivery: $1.250
- DESO-CARDANO NODE deployment x 4 months = $1.600
- DESO-CARDANO NODE UI x 1 month = $1.000
October - December:
- CARDANO Developer x 4 months = $10.000
- DESO Developer x 3 months = $7.500
- Cross-Chain Refining Developer x 1 month = $2.500
- Total = $22.500 to be funded by Fund8
Disclaimer: most non cross-chain-initiative costs related to Operations, Business Development, Public Relationships, Design and Marketing are already satisfied by Cooperativa Local, Start-up Chile grants and other appropriate Fund8; between March and December 2022.
- Rafael: DESO Developer and Software Engineer. 20+ years of experience in Fintech.
- Gon: Blockchain and Cooperative Businesses. 6 years of experience. Cardano's Emurgo Academy. Delivery app COO. Investigator and Artivist @ DAO and Smart Cities: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gonzalocamps/ or https://gon369.xyz/
- Sonia: Filmmaker. Activist. 20+ years of experience and networking within the chilean cultural scene: https://cl.linkedin.com/in/sonia-marotta-27399421 or @ainosattoram
- Martina: Business Design Thinking, Innovation and Scaling. 3 years of experience. Web developer. Consultant: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martina-gonz%C3%A1lez-mar%C3%ADn-131063174/
- Masaccio: Cultural and Community Management. Marketing Chief Officer. 6 years of experience. Writer. Editor: https://www.instagram.com/juandini_lb/
- Andrzej: DESO Advisor. PhD on Software Architecture. DESO Leading Developer and DESO Community Representative. 20+ years of experience: https://certo.co/
We will measure our technological initiative and development, following KPIs areas of work and sprints:
KPIs Cross-Chain Development
- Resource Availability → Track critical resources, in this case the time (hours) of the developers
- Testing (each sprint) → Number of tests completed successfully.
- Refining -> Needs for External Output
- Delivery Time → Tracking performance against commitments.
KPIs Cross-Chain Initiative and Launch:
- Fund8 Results
- Engagement from DESO Developer Communities
- Engagement from CARDANO Developer Communities
- Cooperativa Local Use-Case engagement
- Catalyst Community Use-Case engagement
KPIs Cross-Chain Market-Fit:
- ADA-DESO transaction volume
- Use of web 3.0 Tools: NFTs, DAO Coins and Creator Coins
- Social Interaction Volume
- User Retention rate
- Growth of Conversion Rate
- NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Success is that both ecosystems explore each other, and find themselves surrounded by like-minded people which recognizes the potential in relating CARDANO as Social-Impact focused and DESO as Social-Media; to uncover the full-potential of two socially-driven communities; into the respective self-governance eras both Ecosystems are entering to: CARDANO into the era of VOLTAIRE and DESO into the era of DAODAO.
- Success can be interpreted as how much this cross-chain template solution enhances the scaling of consolidated dApps, and not how many early-stage proposals are able to test it's proof-of-concept and further develop successful products.
- Success for this cross-chain initiative is that CARDANO Catalyst Proposals (both Funded and not) find in DESO an alternative for testing the functionalities and services they aim to build.
- Success is that our use-case proves the value within the integration of cross-chain on territories, where technology can't be imposed and alternatives are needed in order to trust in Blockchain and open themselves to learn about it.
- Success is to achieve the complete development of the open-source CARDANO/DESO template and even if it's not refined enough for easy deployment, permit it to become a sort of tools that Both Developer Communities explore and refine deeper into their collaborativr potential.
- Success is that cross-chain gets to be considered to new generation of user-centered solutions; approaching on-chain decentralization and governance. Thus, success of this cross-chain initiatives looks like a cross-chain fully decentralized and governed by its users.
- We, Cooperativa Local, are an operating start-up funded by F6 (https://cardano.ideascale.com/c/idea/370246) , that over one year has studied which Blockchain uses could be the most impactful at emerging countries masses; basing our work on Chile. We found out that territorial and social solutions were the most desired; and that people had negative impressions about how local authorities approached them.
- Big opportunities emanated from issuing friendly tokenization to enhance local social processes, such as decentralized decision making; challenge-signaling by local communities; rewarding initiatives that approach challenges; digitalizing local creatives into global NFT markets, and rewarding identity-related contents and initiatives to empower local social cohesion; findings we proposed at F7 with approval but without funding: https://cardano.ideascale.com/c/idea/384259
- Since then, we began designing our solution: a social web-app that integrates Blockchain tools such as NFTs, DAO and Social Tokens on a geographically-centered experience where users, initiatives and contents from different localities can be created, explored, promoted and financed, both digitally (through user’s mobile devices) and physically (through Digital Displays installed at Cultural Centers, Universities, Metro Stations and Public Venues, in collaboration with local authorities and communities). Start-up Chile, a world's top-10 accelerator program has backed-es up until we consolidate market-fit at Latinamerica: https://startupchile.org/en/
- That’s why we prefered starting on DESO as it already provided an UI and Blockchain Tools we were looking for, such as NFTs, DAO Coins and Social Tokens. The experience has been successful as we built a Platform with all the tools needed, which we are going to be able to test in low-cost fashion at www.node.cooperativalocal.org. After Beta-testing, we aim to integrate CARDANO operability in order to introduce all the B2B, B2G, B2C and SaaS capabilities that CARDANO ecosystem has developed in more depth.
As we are part of Start-Up Chile Accelerator Program (which is funded by the Government of Chile) we do have comply and work towards SDG in a both committed and methodological manner. This Cross-Chain Integration and set of Open-Source Tools will not just bring our project closer to the following 4 SDGs, but also all its users, such as Catalyst Projects or DESO Initiatives which use them to approach further testing, validating and scaling of their solutions. The 4 SDGs complied are:
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- 9.c.1 Proportion of population covered by a mobile network, by technology
- 9.3.1 Proportion of small-scale industries in total industry value added
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- 11.a.1 Number of countries that have national urban policies or regional development plans that (a) respond to population dynamics; (b) ensure balanced territorial development; and (c) increase local fiscal space
- 11.3.2 Proportion of cities with a direct participation structure of civil society in urban planning and management that operate regularly and democratically
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development