[IMPACT] Please describe your proposed solution.
- Creating an e-learning platform that provides renowned education and enables learners to improve their knowledge of foundational blockchain concepts taught by skilled and experienced instructors.
- Our platform is primarily aimed at university students, and we intend to begin by teaching students at the EL MANAR university campus in Tunis, which houses four faculties: the Faculty of Sciences, the National Engineering School of Tunis, the Faculty of Economics and Management, and the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences. Every year, our campus welcomes over 4000 students.
- Not only will they learn theoretical concepts, but they will also be graded on their progress and the skills they gain throughout.
- Upon completing each course, a collective project reviewed by the instructors will be mandatory to gain certification.
- Teamwork is one of the main pillars of learning, as our platform will focus on improving learners' hard skills and creating a solid bond between all teammates.
- Our e-learning platform will be interactive and prove that e-learning is not an obstacle for learners to gain social skills and meet fellow students with whom they share similar interests.
- Our team has been researching the educational content regarding Cardano and the blockchain. Through this, we have hardly found any Arabic or French content.
This led us to think about innovating a platform that provides informative videos in the French, Arabic, and Tunisian dialect.
Therefore, educational content will no longer be exclusive to English speakers.
[IMPACT] Please describe how your proposed solution will address the Challenge that you have submitted it in.
- We intend to gather committed students from all over Tunisia striving to excel in the
programming field and especially on building DApps on Cardano blockchain.
- Spot ambitious students with innovative business ideas yet with funds shortage and connect them with global engineers in this engaging community that's ready to support their project ideas.
- There will be no more limitations for students to unleash their creativity and capacities and gain technical knowledge and skills.
1- Financial restrictions:
- University students want to accomplish financial goals by being financially independent and contributing to their country's development and long-term prosperity.
Invest their time in gaining knowledge of blockchain technology.
2- Lack of Knowledge in the blockchain domain:
- Sadly, freelancers in Tunisia face enormous difficulties considering the restrictions on
using PayPal and getting paid by international companies.
- The most efficient payment method is undoubtedly blockchain, especially ADA, the native
cryptocurrency of the Cardano blockchain. This pioneer in decentralized cryptocurrencies
facilitates transactions worldwide quickly and securely.
- Opportunities offered by the blockchain technology are innumerable, but here are a few:
-Project Catalyst, Cardano's innovation platform, strives to give a safe and exciting setting
to explore human collaboration's highest potential.
- Decentralization is helpful when businesses interact as peers, but no one wants
responsibility for maintaining the system. This is often the case in supply chains and
- Government blockchain benefits:
- Blockchain can help governments work smarter and
innovate faster. Meanwhile, secure data-sharing between citizens and agencies will
increase trust while providing an immutable audit trail for regulatory compliance, contract
management, identity management, and citizen services.
- Banking and financial industry blockchain benefits:
-When financial institutions replace archaic processes and paperwork with blockchain, the
benefits include removing friction and delays and increasing industry-wide operational
efficiencies, including global trade, trade finance, clearing and settlement, consumer
banking, lending, and others.
- Blockchain for businesses: The ultimate enterprise guide:
- Benefits of blockchain: https://www.ibm.com/topics/benefits-of-blockchain
3- Lack of guidance on where to start learning blockchain technology
- We also want to address the confusion of students who are still unfamiliar with
blockchain and need to be guided and assisted in gaining an understanding. Therefore, we, as
project makers, strongly believe that the right way to dive into this remarkable field is by
introducing them to Cardano, the leading third-generation blockchain.
4- Lack of learning platforms and events to learn Cardano in French and Arabic:
- As an Arabic country, speaking in the Tunisian dialect and having French as a second
language, students typically struggle to find relevant content about Cardano and
blockchain. This remains true whether in their native language or their second language.
5- A lot of sources to learn about Cardano online:
- There are many online resources available for learning Cardano in English online.
Our approach is to conceptualize and build a one-stop-shop for students in Tunisia,
containing learning materials in French and Arabic, presenting events, and informing
users about Cardano news.
[IMPACT] What are the main risks that could prevent you from delivering the project successfully and please explain how you will mitigate each risk?
Challenge 1: Ensuring a significant number of students enroll for the platform
- This issue will be resolved by digital marketing activities, which will entail contacting numerous universities, including the University of Tunis El Manar . Furthermore, we want to promote our project extensively on social media platforms, as well as focus on establishing a user-friendly platform that will capture students' interest and make the website simple to use.
Challenge 2: The inability to deliver the information accurately to beginners and the difficulty of assimilating blockchain concepts with which students are unfamiliar.
simplifying the educated content as much as possible by teaching students the fundamentals of blockchain technology in a fun and simple way.
Challenge 3: The lack of interaction between the learners and their instructors:
- scheduling online lessons that will be interactive, with students being graded on their participation, as well as quizzes during the lessons. In addition, all online lessons will be recorded and saved on the platform for future reference.
Challenge 4: Not receiving constructive feedback from learners to improve the platform's quality:
- arranging Zoom meetings for students to submit feedback and fill out surveys regarding their learning experience on our platform Those Zoom meetings will provide a safe environment for students to openly discuss their innovative ideas for improving our platform.
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide a detailed plan, including timeline and key milestones for delivering your proposal.
You can check our detailed plan down below:
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide a detailed budget breakdown.
- Website development:$2500
- payment for teachers : $750
- Social Media and web marketing : $700
- Videos editing: $400
- content translation : $400
- event organization : $250
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide details of the people who will work on the project.
- Our team members will include a programming expert as project manager, who guides the team, measures project progress, and promotes the project while remaining in contact with skilled instructors.
Yosr Benmahmoud, a computer science student, and Manar Bennaceur, a Pre-engineering student at Faculty of sciences of Tunis, are both hardworking and committed students who will develop the platform, design it, and innovate a captivating logo from scratch. This will be done under expert help and supervision.
- Our team will be fully supported by Oussama Benmahmoud, a Cardano community member and Plutus Pioneer, as well as his company PeakSoft GmbH, a software development company based in Germany.
You can contact us at the following university email addresses:
[FEASIBILITY] If you are funded, will you return to Catalyst in a later round for further funding? Please explain why / why not.
As a student, I plan on working on other projects and believe that the catalyst community is a great place for the valuable opportunities Cardano provides.
Fund 9 serves as proof that Cardano actively encourages young and ambitious students to present their creative business ideas, subsequently developing them to success.
Eventually, this initiative will encourage students enrolled on our platform to apply for funding for their own projects in the future.
[FEASIBILITY] Are you or any member of your team working on any other proposals in this Fund9?
[FEASIBILITY] Are you or your team working on any other proposals from previous Funds?
[AUDITABILITY] Please describe what you will measure to track your project's progress, and how will you measure these?
- Establishing clear deadlines for every task will ensure team members are on track
- Setting specific goals and deliverables throughout the project
- Communicating between teammates is key to ensuring the project runs smoothly and everyone completes their tasks on time.
[AUDITABILITY] What does success for this project look like?
Our project will be considered successful when these objectives are fulfilled:
- Maintaining the budget and not exceeding it.
- Achieving the project's purpose by introducing the greatest number of students to programming and blockchain before training them to be fully ready for the professional world.
- Receiving constructive feedback and honorable ratings from website users.
- Establishing a reputable and creditable platform.
[AUDITABILITY] Please provide information on whether this proposal is a continuation of a previously funded project in Catalyst or an entirely new one.
This proposal is an entirely new one.