Without the supportive environment for developers, new innovations would be stalled. By supporting this challenge settings, more developers would be drawn into Cardano. There would be a bigger talent pool of developers that Catalyst projects can collaborate with and turn project concepts/Proof of concept into successful protocols which would enhance the growth of Cardano.
- What are the the tools that we need to prioritize first
- How do we attract developers from outside of our current community to participate in Catalyst?
- What do developers want, and how do they get it from the Cardano dev ecosystem?
- What would make it a developer motivated to grind through the docs and code no matter how hard it is to create an app?
- What are enterprise dev managers looking for in order to be able to build out enterprise projects - either internal or commercial?
- Developer productivity: IDE's, scripts to automate stuff.
- Knowledge base & Documentation
- Deployment, testing, and monitoring frameworks
- Samples, recipes and templates
- DEFI and tokenization
- API's, and oracles.
- Support structures
- Incentivization structures
- This challenge is a continuation of F8: Developer Ecosystem ($1,000,000)
- This challenge is a separate challenge from Open Source Developer Ecosystem. While we are advocates of open source, we recognize that not all teams are at the point where they feel comfortable or capable of open sourcing their solutions. Some APIs may be closed source forever, but still provide an overall net positive for the Cardano ecosystem. If you are all-in on open source from day one, definitely go with the Open Source Development Ecosystem challenge (if that's an option). We are rooting for you. We believe, however, there's room for both at this point.
Why is it important?
Creating an awesome experience that incentives developers, will lead to increased developer adoption, productivity, and creativity.
How does success looks like?
Cardano attracts high-calibre Developers and developers have ample resources to work on platforms that suit their interests.
Key Metrics to measure
At the end of this challenge, we will be asking ourselves: Did we manage to make it easier for developers to build on top of Cardano?
- Filling in gaps defined in the exploration stage.
- Number of developers actively building on top of Cardano
- Number of repos on Github using the tooling. (Month over month increase)
- Reduce wait time of unanswered communications with developers to 24 hours.
- A sense of community and conversations. Having people around to talk with.