[IMPACT] Please describe your proposed solution.
An acceleration program for startups to build on Milkomeda C1 (Cardano)
- 20k USDC funding
- 6+ weeks of benefits including hands-on support, mentorship, introductions, perks and priority technical support from dcSpark and dLab
- Featured status and promotion through Milkomeda's communication channels
- Live-streamed program where you will demo your product to new users
- Access to future funding options from dlab and program partners VCs investing in the Milkomeda ecosystem
- Access to SOSV's global network
Also during the application phase a growth hacking outbound strategy will be used to do an inverse pitch to attract top quality startups to expand to Cardano through Milkomeda C1.
[IMPACT] Please describe how your proposed solution will address the Challenge that you have submitted it in.
Through a partnership with SOSV and the funding from this proposal it will be possible to attract startups of high potential to move or expand to Cardano through Milkomeda C1.
[IMPACT] What are the main risks that could prevent you from delivering the project successfully and please explain how you will mitigate each risk?
The main risk is to not have enough good quality startups applying for the program. In order to de-risk this an outbound strategy (using growth hacking) will be implemented. During the first Milkomeda Accelerator this was used and we were able to get over 60 applications to the acceleration program. Unfortunately we were only able to accept 5 startups, but there were some great startups that are still out there.
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide a detailed plan, including timeline and key milestones for delivering your proposal.
- One month for inbound and outbound of startups + interviews and due diligence.
- 2-3 weeks after the selection of startups to start the program
- First week: Presentation of teams and coordination of agendas. Team sessions for: mentoring, strategic support, OKR development, technical support, etc.
- Following 4 weeks: Marketing support, OKR follow up, technical support, podcast interviews, content creation, etc
- Last week: demo day preparation and final presentation of product demo or MVP.
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide a detailed budget breakdown.
The funding breakdown is the following one:
- 20k USDC per startup in funding
- 20k USDC for program cost during almost three months of work (~6k per month for a team of multiple people)
[FEASIBILITY] Please provide details of the people who will work on the project.
- Shawn Broderick (GP)
- Nick Plante (Partner)
- Paul Saint-Donat (Principal)
- Michael Maley (program manager)
- Nicolas Arqueros (mentoring)
- Carolina Rossi (marketing support)
- Sebastien Guillemot (technical support)
- Iwo Pietak (program manager support)
- Rob Kornacki (Protocol design support)
- Rob Licau (Design support)
[FEASIBILITY] If you are funded, will you return to Catalyst in a later round for further funding? Please explain why / why not.
We would like to continue asking for funds for other batches of the accelerator but for this batch we are not expecting to require more funds.
[FEASIBILITY] Are you or any member of your team working on any other proposals in this Fund9?
[FEASIBILITY] Are you or your team working on any other proposals from previous Funds?
[AUDITABILITY] Please describe what you will measure to track your project's progress, and how will you measure these?
- Number of applications to the acceleration program
- Acceptance of good quality projects
- Finishing the program in 6+ weeks
- Demo day presentation and MVP by startups
[AUDITABILITY] What does success for this project look like?
Selection of 5 good startups. At least 3 startups finish the program successfully by presenting in the demo day with an MVP.
[AUDITABILITY] Please provide information on whether this proposal is a continuation of a previously funded project in Catalyst or an entirely new one.
Entire new proposal.